Introducing Cookie Moon
Brilliant Artists are thrilled to announce that the agency now represents Tel Aviv based illustrator Cookie Moon (Sara Laimon). She creates painterly compositions, often surreal nature, inspired by her experience of the world, the illusory realm of dreams and contemporary visual culture, from fashion to instagram. Cookie’s illustrations are atmospheric, intriguing and modern.
Meet the wonderful Cookie Moon and read her answers to 10 questions. We recommend checking out that playlist!
1. Do you listen to music while you draw/paint/illustrate? And if so who or what gets the most plays in your studio?
2. Which other illustrators or artists do you most admire and why?
I admire David Hockney of course, I admire the way his illustrations and drawings approach different pieces of nature, and looking at his work time after time teaches me a lot. I am also a huge fan of Roy Lichtenstein.
3. What is the best thing about being an illustrator? And the worst?
The best thing about being an illustrator is being able to work from bed!
I haven’t found any bad sides to the job yet.
4. How do you overcome a creative block?
I usually go for a swim or a bike ride and things get figured out in my head.
5. What are 3 of your favourite films? Which one would you illustrate the poster for?
Call Me By Your Name, The Grand Budapest Hotel and 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I would definitely make the poster for Call Me By Your Name, and it would be a still life of a peach on a white sheet in the beautiful scenery of Lombardy, Italy.
6. If you could illustrate the book cover for one book which would it be?
In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
7. Dream studio location and set up?
Wooden walls, floor and ceiling, a million windows with a bright sunlight coming in, and trees outside.
8. Best trip you have ever been on?
I travel to Paros, Greece every year in the summer and it’s the best every time!
9. Best meal you’ve ever had?
Cheese and spinach ravioli in a restaurant named Fenick in London.
10. If you could have any artwork in your home what would it be?
Anything by Matisse.
Check out Cookie Moon’s full portfolio here.